Tuesday, September 17, 2013

EdTech502 Project Page

This web page, which is used to link to all of the major projects I completed in EdTech 502: The Internet for Educators, represents my first foray into the use of CSS.  A major component of EdTech 502 is learning HTML5 and CSS.  I entered the course with some basic, prior experience using HTML, but had always done my styling directly within the HTML code.  Having styled a web page both ways, I can easily see the benefits of CSS.  It certainly is much more straight forward to write a few lines of code in the style sheet which will then apply to all items with the <p> tag than to include a string of modifiers each time you use a <p> tag.  CSS also makes it much easier to experiment with layout elements and to change your mind; there is no need to seek out each individual <h1> tag to make a change.

EdTech 502 Project Page

No comments:

Post a Comment